Looking to approve a your brow permanently with the emphasis on looking natural? Maybe you've heard of Microblading or Ombre brow but what style is best for you?
Both brow styles are beautiful & can be adjusted to look super soft or more intense, it just comes down to which style you prefer, your skin type, lifestyle and various other factors.
Ombre (Powered brow)
A soft, misty, powder filled brow similar to the look of makeup meaning the tails of the brow are darker, and fade into a light start to the brow, giving it a very subtle look. It's personally, my favorite style! Over time, pigment fades leaving the skin and your natural brows behind - lighter at the bulb (front) of the brow and going darker towards the tail.
Anyone who fills in their brows with makeup and has hair. Note, if the brow is thinner, artists can add hairstrokes after to add additional texture.
- Lasts 2-4 years with artist uses a digital machine with micro-needles
- Cannot be done using a microblade
None, Ombre brow heals on point for almost everyone!
Permanent technique that adds hair like strokes, volume and texture to perfect the shape of the brow. It can be done manually using a hand tool with a microblade or a digital machine using micro-needles - most artist have a preference on the technique that they practice so ask them why.
- Someone with sparse fine brow hair, over tweezed
- Goal: wants to add hair/texture back to the brow for a natural appearance (illusion of natural hair strokes)
- Manual technique (hand tool): Last between 6-18mths.
- Digital machine: Last 2-3yrs
Unfortunately, not everyone is a good candidate for hair-strokes. If you answer yes to any of the following below your hair-strokes will either blend or disappear so don't ran the risk of damaging your skin, wasting your money and time. The Ombre style is best for you!
- Oily skin
- Large pores
- Autoimmune disease
- Frequent sweating due to extensive working out, menopause, etc
- Thyroid conditions